METTLER TOLEDO LabX Activation Portal
METTLER TOLEDO successfully replaces the existing activation process for LabX, the instrument control software, with a webbased activation portal.
The economic goals of the overall project have been defined as follows:
Increasing the efficiency in the internal workflow of the software activation
Reducing the number of support cases regarding registration
Being closer to the customer for support and marketing
- Defining the necessary use cases and identifying the required functionality
- Development of a solution concept for the application
- Use cases
- UML diagrams
- Development of the structure of the application; back- and front-end in accordance with the architecture in the solution concept.
- Registration and activation workflows
- Frontend: web-interface
- Database: user data, complete activation history
- Interface to COM components
seantis gmbh developed the activation portal on Zope, the leading open source web application server. The CMS Plone is used as interface for configuration tasks and user management.
The system design allows an extension to handle the activation trough webservices instead of the existing webbased procedure.
The system makes heavy use of the Zope Archetypes framework, which supports the generation of new content types with a model-driven approach.
METTLER TOLEDO LabX :: http://www.mt.com/labx
"METTLER TOLEDO specializes in the area of precision instruments for professional use. In addition to a wide product array, we offer the most comprehensive range of services in our industry on a global level. With more than 10,000 employees, we generate annual sales of over USD 1 billion. Mettler-Toledo International Inc. has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1997." http://ch.mt.com/mt/businessDesc/businessDesc.jsp